We also offer long-term residential treatment, as well as inpatient drug rehab programs that can last up to three months. The Grounds is a transitional living program for young adult men ready to create a sober life. We combine this with abundant recreation and work experience to follow the simple edict of “work hard, play hard” as both a guiding principle and metaphor for a life in balance. It has been proven that the best results for ongoing and continued sobriety includes a transitional component, and this is our sober living program. Sober living program residents receive ongoing individual and group therapy, along with vocational and educational support.
In our mood disorder track, we are able to focus on mental health, depression, trauma, and anxiety. In our dual diagnosis track, we are able to support young adults with substance use and mental health challenges. Our two distinct mental health and substance use tracks help young adults to stabilize, begin to understand their mental health and/or addiction struggles, and heal from them. We strive to help our clients become more like the person they want to be without using negative coping strategies or substances to get there.
Shane’s House – One of the best sober living homes in Pennsylvania
Burdened by these cultural expectations, men spend years of their lives fruitlessly trying to exercise discipline and willpower to master their addictions. Unfortunately, without seeking the help of a strong evidence-based treatment program, most have little success. After graduating high school, Logan’s addiction had spiraled out of control, and he needed serious help. His parents sent him to a 90-day wilderness therapy program in Oregon, where he discovered a growing interest in nature and adventure. Following his time in wilderness therapy, Logan entered Ethos Recovery, where he gained a deeper understanding of his addiction and learned more about himself.
How to meet sober guys?
- 8 Ways to Find a Date When You're Sober. How to meet people when you're in recovery but want to find romance.
- Try the swipe life. Tinder, OKCupid…
- Take a class.
- Do some good and volunteer.
- Join a community organization.
- Try recovery meetings and fellowships.
- Recruit your cheerleaders.
- Find a matchmaker.
Having a long-term plan in place is absolutely essential for one’s recovery journey. Residents of sober living houses usually come from inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers. Generally speaking, a sober living home is ideal when a person’s home setting is not conducive to ongoing recovery.
How is Sober Living Helpful?
A structured sober living home in NJ like Gateway-FMS provides the support needed to make long-term recovery possible. I have worked in the addiction treatment field for the last decade and have known Surfside’s Executive Director, Ian Koch, for just as long. It has been a great experience to watch Surfside grow in to what it is today. I have referred a number of people to Surfside including my own family and close contacts. Residents at our long term extended care, Surfside Extended Care in NJ will rebuild their lives with the help of 12-steps, a comprehensive 3 Phase life development program and family members.
A sober living house is a gender-separated home for people in addiction recovery to get social and environmental support for their sobriety. Our sober living homes are where young adults find support and structure early in the recovery process. One rule that is universal among all sober living homes is maintained sobriety.
Men’s Mental Health Housing
His experience on both sides of the curtain as an alumnus and now a current team member gives him a unique ability to relate to current members. Originally from New York, Andrew attended a wilderness program in the Pacific Northwest and migrated to San Diego. He is transparent about his own journey in recovery and maintains an active program. Andrew loves the San Diego lifestyle and is a huge believer in being physical.
- Start reconnecting to self and society by taking first steps into a habitat of alcohol and the drug-free community at Pacific beach recovery sober living in San Diego.
- His time at The Grounds shaped him into a well-rounded man and changed his life for the better.
- Because of this, Soulegria’s experienced practitioners are committed to the management of each young adults requirements; and they do this with professionalism and sympathy.
- Recovery is about more than getting sober from drug addiction or alcohol addiction.
When young people complete their stay at the sober living home, they are encouraged to return to support the newer members, hence making the new members’ transition into the structured program smoother. Giving rides, sponsorship, attending meetings, events, parties, and conferences together create a community of support a young adult needs to achieve long-lasting sobriety. Moreover, both types of homes can serve as transitional living arrangements following residential, or inpatient, treatment. Research shows that sober living communities have a measurable positive impact on residents.
She further received her Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling at Point Loma Nazarene University and received extensive clinical training at Sharp Mesa Vista Trauma IOP program for her practicum experience. She is Selecting the Most Suitable Sober House for Addiction Recovery working towards her licensure as a future marriage and family therapist. As a volunteer advocate for domestic violence victims, Jenny has seen first-hand the consequences that often accompany addiction and trauma.
- Living in a quality sober house, also known as a halfway house, or three-quarter-way house, can provide a solid foundation for men to overcome drug addiction.
- Clients can enjoy a relaxing evening watching television or hanging out in the recreation room.
- Before enrolling in any sober living home, ensuring that the facility meets your unique needs and is run effectively is a good idea.
- At Soulegria, we involve the entire family (especially the parents) in the young adult’s remediation, remediation, and support.